maanantai 14. lokakuuta 2013

Weekend and farewell

As I told in the last post, we had a small farewell party on Friday. We had few of our closest friends with us, and we had lots of fun. ... Even though the whole day was one big downhill from the start to the point where the guests started to arrive.

Posing in the Brit Awards- style


 Annika, her friend (nowadays my friend also ;) and I were supposed to wake up at 10am, go to the grocery store and do all the cooking and baking, and get ourselves ready after that. But. The famous but. A good majority of our cookings got ruined and/or went wrong, and after four, painful, hours in the kitchen we came to the conclusion that we needed to have the first glass of wine immediately or the party would be cancelled.
:-D Luckily we had one savior, Annika's working mate Minna, who had baked us the coolest cake ever! You'll get a picture of it later. Just so that you won't have drool dropping whilst reading this. ;)

After all the guests had arrived, we had the last, but maybe the biggest setback we had all day. To make a long story short, we were supposed to do a small welcoming toast, but we were blonds and put Sprite to blender and an explosion occurred. Since there was this strawberry thing also, you might know what the kitchen looked like. Yes, it was all red. It was so epic that we had no other choice than just laugh and clean it up. But after all this the evening turned out well, and I believe everybody had fun. Most of our guests stayed the night, so the farewell party turned to a slumber party.

We had a special guest to share our guests' prizes ;)

                         

On Saturday we had an early morning (too early if you went to sleep at 5am..) and had a small "brunch". After that everybody started to leave, and I was supposed to take Iisa home. It all turned out that Annika and I took Iina and Iisa to their houses and headed to visit my grandparents since my cousins were there. A short visit turned to a few hour- long photo looking session but it was nice. After that we came back and I spent another night with Annika because her parents were away the weekend and she's too scared to sleep by her own.. (puspus)

THE cake

On Sunday we went to the health- and beauty expo in Helsinki because Annika had won free tickets from another blog's draw. We were too tired and didn't really have enough energy to concentrate on anything so we left it quite quickly and headed to a few shops in the city center. Annika found herself a nice new bag and for once, I left empty handed. (it's okay though). So it actually was quite eventful and a bit different weekend compared to "normal", but I enjoyed it a lot! Hope you liked this small summary of my weekend, and I'll post again as soon as I have something new to say. Until then, stay safe kiddos!

                            


 ps. Annika has her own blog, and you can check it out by pressing here!

pps. I'm so sorry that the pictures aren't in the middle- I've been trying to fix it but it doesn't do what I want and I'm starting to be very pissed, so I'll just leave it like this.. (if it bothers me too much I'm probably going to take this down and do it again.. Sorry!)

xx, Wilma

1 kommentti: